Friday, April 22, 2011

U.S Senator Scott Brown. His Book.

 Book Review

Against All Odds

By Scott Brown

Republican U.S. Senator Scott Brown has written an autobiography, Against All Odds. Brown was elected to the seat previously occupied by the late Democrat, Ted Kennedy, of Massachusetts.

I looked for the spot in the book where Brown specifically stated why he identified with the Republican Party.

Brown explains this on page 224: "I believed in a strong military and in service, and in standing up to those who wanted to do harm. But beyond that, I had largely identified with Republicans as the party fiscal responsibility and fiscal restraint."

I have Republican friends who say the same. However, if I mention out-of-control military spending in relation to that fiscal restraint, my Republican friends become a bit irritated.

However, Brown's book is a good business card for a rising star in the Republican Party, even if I completely reject the Republican agenda.  Most Republicans writers would be lucky if they could do as well.

(The following link goes to the book at Amazon.)
Against All Odds: My Life of Hardship, Fast Breaks, and Second Chances [ AGAINST ALL ODDS: MY LIFE OF HARDSHIP, FAST BREAKS, AND SECOND CHANCES ] by Brown, Scott ( Author ) on Mar, 01, 2011 Hardcover

No comments:

Post a Comment